Saturday 17 May 2014

Life Lately



So, what has been going on in my life lately? Well I have a perfectly reasonable explanation for my recent lack of blogging; moving back to the opposite side of the world. And if that isn't a reasonable explanation then I don't know what is.

This Wednesday I left Japan and arrived back in England. What with time difference and all that it was a very long day I can assure you. None of which was spent sleeping. About 10 hours of which were spent having a movie marathon on the plane. Surely the best thing, and only good thing, about long haul flights is the movies. I watched 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire', 'What Happens in Vegas' and 'The Book Thief'. But the best by far was 'Like Father Like Son,' a Japanese film, which has been nominated for many awards including the Palme d'Or at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival.

My last couple of days in Japan were spent celebrating my birthday (yep my birthday was two days before my flight) frantic packing (I left it all until the day before my flight because obviously who wants to pack on their birthday) and somehow I also managed to fit in time for sunbathing at my favourite spot by the river.

Once I arrived in England I was tired to say the least. Not really jet lag but just general exhaustion. The past few days have been spent catching up with friends and indulging in afternoon naps.

No doubt it will take a while for me to get back into the whole blogging routine but I still have plenty of photos to share and stories to tell so please keep visiting my little corner of the internet.

Oh and by the way, the photo at the top has nothing to do with recent events, I just thought it looked very 'English!'

No comments:

Post a Comment