Tuesday 20 January 2015

I'm going back to Japan!


So excited right now! This summer I will be spending three months back in Japan! For those of you who are recent readers of my blog I'll quickly fill you in. I am half Japanese and was born in Japan but have grown up in England. Then from July 2013 to May 2014 I spent my gap year living in Japan where I went to a Japanese language school as all I could really say were simple greetings.
 
The one year that I lived in Japan my Japanese improved so much, I learnt to read and write in Japanese which I had never been able to do. But now I'm back in England it's hard to keep up with it because I'm not surrounded by it.
 
So, during the summer I will go back to the language school in Japan to refresh my memory and stop me from forgetting everything I learnt! I will be living in Kyoto, the same city that I lived in before and will make sure that as well as studying I have lots of time for sightseeing and of course shopping!
 
Will be doing some posts on places I want to go to and places I loved so much last time that I want to revisit them.
 
Have you got anything exciting planned for summer?
 
Linking up with Travel Tuesday
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. Fantastic news! I spent a year in Taipei, Taiwan, and find myself surprised regularly at how quickly my Mandarin Chinese (which I had developed relative proficiency in) faded. Best of luck with your Japanese studies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! While I was in Japan I became friends with a girl from Taipei, would love to visit there one day! It is surprising how quickly you forget languages! x

      Delete
  2. Wow! That is so exciting for you - and for us as we can read all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super exciting! Haha you can be sure there will be lots of posts about it! x

      Delete
  3. Nice! That's so great that you were able to learn to write and speak Japanese during your gap year. What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really proud of how much I learnt, shame that I'm starting to forget some of it! x

      Delete
  4. That's awesome!! Enjoy your trip! I can't wait to see pictures from your adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara I definitely will enjoy it very much! x

      Delete
  5. What an exciting summer to look forward too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so exciting! I can't wait to see it chronicled here in your blog! Take lots of photos. :o)

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can be sure that I will take loads of photos! x

      Delete
  7. that is so exciting! i can't wait to hear all about your adventures there :) x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so exciting, Anna! I can't wait to follow your adventures this summer! Just living (even for 3 months) of the country that you're interested in and learning the language makes so much of a difference. I've never been to Kyoto yet but would really love to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cynthia, you're right it is good to live in a place that you're really interested in! I love it in Kyoto, it's such a lovely city! x

      Delete
  9. Yay! So exciting, have fun :D

    ReplyDelete