Sunday 26 January 2014

Weekly Roundup #1


This week I have been:

Reading: A Girl Like You by Maureen Lindley. I received it for Christmas and have really enjoyed reading it. It`s a historical fiction about a girl, Satomi Baker, growing up in California. Her American father signs up when war is declared and is sent to the base at Pearl Harbour, he never returns. As you might have guessed from the girl`s first name, her mother is Japanese. The story is about Satomi, a girl proud to be American, struggling as she is sent to live with other Japanese people in an American labour camp.

Listening: to Rather Be by Clean Bandit featuring Jess Glynne.

Playing: Taiko drums! On Saturday we went to a Taiko drumming workshop with Taiko Lab. I really recommend it to people in Japan, they also have workshops in Tokyo and Osaka. It was so fun, plus great exercise!

Watching: Memoirs of a Geisha. I have actually never read the book or watched the film, but then I saw that it was on YouTube so decided to watch it. I enjoyed it but the ending didn't feel right in my opinion, am interested in knowing if the ending is the same in the book.

Buying: two calendars for myself! I had a space on my wall from where I took down last year`s calendar (which was 1920`s Vogue covers.) But I thought I would wait till the end of January to buy a new one because I am all in favour of a reduced price! There were so many good designs though that I bought two. One to hang on my wall, and one to put on my desk. The desk one you can see in the picture above, I really like the bird cage design and how there is space at the bottom for jewellery.

Hope you have all had a good week xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment