Thursday 27 March 2014

Recycled Fashion


On my first day at college we were given a challenge to make an outfit from old newspaper. I was quite pleased with our creation but it was nothing compared to the recycled collections at D's Fashion College fashion show. It was really amazing what the students had crafted out of second hand materials.

My favourite collection was definitely the outfits made from old white gloves. I think the outfit above, with the wings made from loads of gloves, is truly wonderful. It's such an original idea and it looks amazing. 

I also thought the last collection was unique. It was obviously inspired by 80's disco outfits but what I loved was that to create shine the designer had cut up old CD's. It looked great under the catwalk lights.

What do you think of clothes made from recycled materials?





















Treat Yo Self Thursday Link-Up

4 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some creative people! They did this as a theme for Project Runway once. It's always interesting to see what people come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was so amazed by some of their designs! It was really interesting to see what they came up with.

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is incredible! Such talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, there were some really talented students there!

      Delete