Saturday 12 July 2014

Style in a Suitcase: Paris

When you're packing it's hard to decide what will make the cut and what will have to stay at home. I think it's best to take a little of everything; I know you might love breton tops, but do you really need to take five?! Take one long sleeved and one short sleeved then swap the others for a pair of comfy shoes. Never underestimate the merits of a comfy shoe when on holiday. Jelly shoes may be gracing the pages of every fashion magazine at the moment but they were not made for sightseeing! Welcome to my Style in a Suitcase series!
 
I didn't do a Style in a Suitcase post last weekend due to Le Tour de France. Because of the tour I decided this week I would do Paris. Also it has been the Couture A/W shows in Paris which has got me looking at all the super chic Paris street style. 


Top-Petit Bateau | Bag-Zara | Shoes-H&M | Jeans-Miss Selfridge

There are so many amazing art galleries and museums in Paris, such as The Pompidou Centre and The Louvre. You want to go with something comfy yet chic so why not go for a classic Breton top. In my opinion the best you can get is this lovely one from Petit Bateau. The neckline is perfect and the stripes on the sleeves line up with the ones on the body. Wear with a pair of high waisted jeans and red shoes and bag. I love this little bag from Zara, but be quick as it's in the sale!
 

Necklace-Topshop | Bag-Zara | Shoes-Topshop | Dress-ASOS

You can't go to Paris with out checking out the shops! Go for a simple, smart dress like this navy one with a cute white collar. Wear this necklace from Topshop under the collar so that all you can see is the green and gold centre piece peeking out. Stop things from looking too twee with a pair of white leather shoes with a chunky heel.

Don't forget:
Trench coat- you never know when it might rain in Paris.
A padlock- in case love lock bridges are your type of thing
Phone charger- no doubt you will be busy instagraming everything!

Inspiration: Audrey Tautou, Marion Cotillard and Sofia Coppola

Have you ever been to Paris? What do you think about Parisienne style?

6 comments:

  1. Ahh Paris. Such a fun city to sightsee in and shop!! For some reason I always feel so 'un trendy' when I visit Paris so I stick to clean cut classic looks too. One day I'll get the look right no doubt!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people feel like that when they visit Paris because french women are so chic! Clean cut classic looks are often the safest bet!

      Delete
  2. I love these posts! That top one is lovely - I love stripes! I have been to Paris three times, I think you have nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly! :) ooh lucky you going three times, I've only ever been once but would love to go again!

      Delete
  3. i love those white shoes!

    from helen at thelovevcatsinc.com

    ps. my cute Dahlia coat giveaway worth £80 ends soon! click here!

    ReplyDelete