Saturday 7 June 2014

Cafe Concerto


On Thursday I met up with one of my best friends for lunch in York. Because I have been living in Japan, it has been about one year since we last saw each other. One year is a long time but we have stayed in touch with many Facebook messages and long Skype chats, however it was great to finally meet up again.

Our usual place to eat is Wagamamas, but I had recently been with another friend so we tried somewhere new. CafĂ© Concerto had been recommended to me and I was intrigued to see the interiors.

It didn't disappoint, with quirky interiors, friendly service and tasty food. I had a chicken, chorizo and tomato baguette which was on the specials menu. Costing nearly £8 it was quite expensive for a sandwich, but they were very generous with the fillings and it tasted great. As well as sandwiches, they also offer soups, salads and main meals as well as delicious looking cakes and desserts.

The location is great, being very close to the Minster but also off the main drag and therefore not too busy. It is also a must for music lovers, due to the interesting interiors which include music score wallpaper and a violin on the wall. If you are in York and you fancy a light lunch in relaxed surroundings then I recommend coming here.

Website: http://www.cafeconcerto.biz
Address: 21 High Petergate York YO1 7EN







No comments:

Post a Comment