Tuesday 24 June 2014

Travel Tuesday: Shosei-en Garden


It has been a while since I last did a Japan post, so today we are going back to Kyoto, the city where I lived for nearly a year. A couple of days before leaving Japan, my dad and I went on a little tour of various places around Kyoto. One of these places was Shosei-en garden.

When I went, Shosei-en really felt like a secret garden. Despite the fact that it is a few minutes walk from Kyoto Station it was so calm and peaceful. The only other people we saw were a cleaner, a few old ladies and a young couple.

It was a lovely place to wander around, with pretty bridges, loads of water lilies and some traditional buildings. There is also great view of Kyoto Tower.

Location: 7 minutes walk from Kyoto Station
Price: donation of  ¥500
Times: 9am to 4pm












Linking up with Bonnie Rose for Travel Tuesday
 
Do you have any pretty gardens near where you live?

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely park and it seems to be a great spot to escape the hectic city and enjoy some peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was absolutely perfect for escaping the bustle of the city!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow - that photo with the umbrella on the bridge is perfect! I wouldn't know where to look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I took a few shots of them before I got the right photo, hope that doesn't sound creepy! Hahaa

      Delete
  3. This place is so peaceful I might fall asleep in it. I haven't been to any of this kind.. uhm, can you take a nap or just rest to any spot there? just a tiny spot where it's shady? cause I tend to fall asleep when I'm on this kind of peaceful environment. It's very nice though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there was lots of space so I guess you could take a nap if you wanted to! But you might wake up to Japanese people staring at you wondering what you were doing!

      Delete
  4. It looks so beautiful and tranquil! Lovely photos. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful. I love all of the lily pads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing how many lily pads there were!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous pictures! The gardens are so green! And I just absolutely adore water flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I couldn't believe how much green there was in the middle of the city!

      Delete
  7. This looks beautiful! I love the lush greenery and pretty bridges. I'd love to visit Kyoto one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get the chance you should definitely visit, it is a great city!

      Delete